Friday, September 16, 2011

anthropologie inspired bedroom

My thoughts on decorating:
-i love anthropologie (clothes and home items)
-i am attracted to cool tones
-absolutely no americana (even though we are a military family,, you would have no idea looking in our home,,  no pictures, flags etc.)  i am just over "that"  look
-i love challenging myself to recreate an "expensive" look from anthro or PB for cheap!!
-i love clearance items from target

So I have pretty much been drooling for at least a year over the textured anthro bedding....  i just absolutely refuse to spend the $$$     For example this king anthro quilt below is $288...   yeah not in my budget



Sooo...   insert a year over drooling for this style of bedding.  Drooling online.. drooling inside the anthropologie store to the point I know they thought I was some sort of shop-lifter.

Forward to the present and my second favorite store.. Le Target.   I spotted this bedding in the clearance section and knew it had to be a mistake.  The price-- $29!!    Now the size-- King!   score score!!    Then I discovered another in a size Full for $19.   same color.. but okay you cannot pass up $19!  

I left Le Target on a mad dash to get these babies on my bed and my guest bed...  here are the results!!



And  here is the set in the "little"  guest bedroom...


So $288  for one quilt   or $50 for two  (including shams).  I know these quilts aren't as textured and dramatic as anthro,  but I will keep them  :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG I am so jealous!!!! I've been looking for this quilt for so long! I love the look of it and have been wanting it in this blueish/aqua color or a soft gray but have never been able to find one for a price I'm willing to spend! What a steal! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete