Saturday, September 10, 2011

Thrifty.Crafty

Babe is gone the entire month for training and what better way to occupy some free time by doing a little homemade artwork... for cheap... I mean super duper cheap!

So I recently took a trip to a local thrift store not knowing exactly what I was looking for.  Just some good old fashioned "digging".   And I came across what appeared to be an old window frame,  it had potential,  however is screamed Americana.   I despise anything Americana in decorating terms.  But I spent the $10.  After I got home I removed the horrid red/white/blue fabric that was tacked onto the back and saw more shabby potential.   I then fluffed up my lovely coffee filter wreath for an extra "depth"  and voila!






You can learn how to make your own wreath courtesy of LMM.   Hoping to change it up somewhat closer to the holidays etc.   But for now I will keep it like this   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment